Jenny H. Kim
120 W. 45th St., 38th Floor
New York, New York 10036
Phone: (646) 766-0078
Fax: (646) 219-1977
Jenny H. Kim is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in mortgage-backed securities, structured finance, derivatives and securities fraud litigation. She has also handled a wide variety of other disputes ranging from bankruptcy to intellectual property to employment.
In 2011, Jenny’s work led to a significant victory over Krones AG, an equipment manufacturer accused of aiding and abetting a massive accounting fraud, including a pivotal defeat of a motion for judgment on the pleadings. In 2014, Jenny successfully argued and won a motion to amend that expanded the scope of a residential mortgage-backed securities put-back action against Bank of America and Countrywide by hundreds of millions of dollars. Just this year, Jenny was part of a trial team that successfully tried a trade dress infringement action to verdict on behalf of Globefill, Inc., makers of Crystal Head Vodka. After less than four hours, the jury found that defendants had willfully infringed on Globefill’s trade dress, its iconic Crystal Head Vodka bottle.
Jenny also offers significant expertise in managing complex discovery in large-scale litigation, leveraging her extensive knowledge of legal tech to provide her clients with the most effective, efficient and streamlined processes to handle eDiscovery. In 2011 and 2012, she led a team that managed almost a hundred depositions, millions of pages of documents, and the laborious process of taking depositions in Norwegian in an action against Citigroup; she also ran complex discovery across multiple residential mortgage-backed securities put-back actions. Jenny has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout the country and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in the 2015 & 2016 editions of New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- Globefill, Inc. in successful trial of its trade dress infringement claim, resulting in a unanimous jury verdict that found defendants had willfully infringed on Globefill’s Crystal Head Vodka bottle.
- Multiple clients in residential mortgage-backed securities litigation.
- Investors in synthetic municipal bond securities litigation.
- The litigation trustee for a corporation that failed as a result of a massive accounting fraud.
- A major chemical company embroiled in an antitrust dispute.
- Distressed debt investors in bankruptcy disputes and several state and federal commercial disputes.
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Kiyo A. Matsumoto, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York