Jenny H. Kim
120 W. 45th St., 38th Floor
New York, New York 10036
Phone: (646) 766-0078
Fax: (646) 219-1977
Jenny H. Kim is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in structured finance, derivatives and securities fraud litigation. Jenny prides herself, however, on being a general practitioner, having successfully litigated almost every type of commercial dispute, as well as disputes in the following practice areas: employment, bankruptcy, intellectual property, antitrust, corporate governance and products liability.
In 2014, Jenny successfully argued and won a motion to amend that expanded the scope of a residential mortgage-backed securities put-back action against Bank of America and Countrywide by hundreds of millions of dollars. In 2017, Jenny was part of a trial team that successfully tried a trade dress infringement action to verdict on behalf of Globefill, Inc., makers of Crystal Head Vodka. After less than four hours, the jury found that defendants had willfully infringed on Globefill’s trade dress, its iconic Crystal Head Vodka bottle. In 2019, Jenny settled a bet-the-company litigation that saved her client’s company.
Jenny also offers significant expertise in managing complex discovery in large-scale litigation, leveraging her extensive knowledge of legal tech to provide her clients with the most effective, efficient and streamlined processes to handle eDiscovery. She has managed teams conducting discovery in connection with several Chapter 11 bankruptcies and across multiple residential mortgage-backed securities put-back actions. She also led a team that produced millions of pages of documents and took dozens of depositions in a matter of months in a multi-jurisdictional antitrust case, as well as a team that took almost a hundred depositions, many of them in Norway, and produced millions of pages of predominantly foreign language documents in a securities action against Citigroup.
Clients have described Jenny as “tireless,” a “problem-solver,” an advocate and a friend.
Jenny has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout the country and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in the 2014, 2016, 2017 & 2018 editions of New York Super Lawyers.
- Globefill, Inc. in successful trial of its trade dress infringement claim, resulting in a unanimous jury verdict that found defendants had willfully infringed on Globefill’s Crystal Head Vodka bottle.
- Multiple clients in residential mortgage-backed securities litigation.
- Investors in synthetic municipal bond securities litigation.
- The litigation trustee for a corporation that failed as a result of a massive accounting fraud.
- A major chemical company embroiled in an antitrust dispute.
- Distressed debt investors in bankruptcy disputes and several state and federal commercial disputes.
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Kiyo A. Matsumoto, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York