Oil & Gas Litigation
With its home base in Houston for more than forty years, Berg & Androphy attorneys have represented and have significant relationships with some of the biggest players in the oil & gas industry. Our lawyers have litigated disputes in the fracking and refinery and natural gas industries and have prosecuted or defended claims relating to the operation of pipelines and oil & gas-related securities. We also have extensive experience with legal issues arising from the acquisition and development of raw land, service contracts, revenue sharing agreements and joint operating agreements. Significant representations include:
- Exxon Mobil as co-lead counsel in a breach of contract action against Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, resulting in a $416.8 million jury verdict for Exxon.
- A cross-border joint venture owner of a multimillion-dollar pipeline and terminal facility in an international arbitration.
- An international drilling company in a breach of contract, breach of warranty and business tort lawsuit against a large oil & gas equipment manufacturer.
- A manufacturer of oilfield equipment batteries in a misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty action filed by a competitor in Texas state court.
- The CEO of a natural gas trading company as the plaintiff in a financial fraud and civil RICO action in federal courts in Texas, Florida and Kentucky.
- The American subsidiary of an international oil company in connection with Russian and Ukrainian sanctions imposed by the U.S. government.
- A manufacturer of fracking components as the prevailing claimant in a multimillion dollar breach of contract action.
- A U.S. Corporation criminally investigated for the purchase of oil-related products – no charges were brought.
- A U.S. Corporation sued for the purchase of foreign oil-related products.
Berg & Androphy attorneys can bring our knowledge of, and relationships within, the oil & gas industry to provide our clients with the information and analysis necessary to assess any potential claims or litigation.