Zenobia Harris Bivens
Houston, Texas 77002
Phone: (713) 529-5622
Fax: (713) 529-3785
Zenobia Harris Bivens is a trial attorney who moved back home to Texas after graduating from Northwestern University School of Law. Her practice focuses primarily on civil and criminal fraud on the plaintiff and defense side. Specifically, Zenobia practices commercial business litigation, including oil and gas, contract, and securities litigation; qui tam litigation; and white collar criminal defense. At the start of her career, Zenobia clerked for the Honorable Carl E. Stewart, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and for the Honorable Justice Dale Wainwright (ret.) of the Texas Supreme Court. Zenobia is an accomplished trial and appellate lawyer and was recently recognized as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Obtained white collar defense jury verdict (full acquittal) in favor of defendant NASA contractor, charged with submitting false statements in monthly reports.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of plaintiff, vodka manufacturer in trademark infringement dispute.
- Obtained United States Supreme Court reversal of Second Circuit decision. Represented whistleblower in an FCA case against a multinational banking and financial services holding company.
- Representing whistleblower in an FCA case and argued and won motion for summary judgment in favor of plaintiff, avoiding dismissal of multimillion dollar FCA claims against largest long-term healthcare facility in the United States.
- Represented service member and obtained dismissal of eviction claims filed against him during deployment.
- Represented defendant Houston-area entrepreneur and obtained dismissal of DTPA, fraud, and breach of contract claims filed against him.
- Represented defendant engineering, procurement, and construction company in AAA arbitration, resulting in an arbitration award, dismissing more than $200 million in claims against defendant.
- Represented defendant charged with numerous regulatory violations that resulted from harassment by police officers. Certain charges were dismissed and defendant obtained an award of summary judgment on remaining charges.
- Argued before the Second Circuit and Fifth Circuit United States Courts of Appeal.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Alabama, M.A. Communication Studies, summa cum laude
- West Texas A & M University, B.S. Mass Communications – Broadcasting, magna cum laude
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Carl E. Stewart, Chief Judge U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Judicial clerk to the Honorable Dale Wainwright, Texas Supreme Court
Associations and Honors
- Member, Fifth Ward Community Redevelopment Corporation Board of Directors
- Selected as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2018
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- President, West Texas A&M University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Volunteer, The Women’s Home
- Intern to the Honorable Xavier Rodriguez, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
- Legal Extern to former U.S. Senator Barack Obama, Chicago, Illinois
- Vinson & Elkins Pro Bono Service Award, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas