Zenobia Harris Bivens
Houston, Texas 77002
Phone: (713) 529-5622
Fax: (713) 529-3785
Zenobia Harris Bivens is a trial attorney that moved back home to Texas after graduating from Northwestern University School of Law. Her practice focuses primarily on commercial business litigation, including oil and gas, contract, and securities litigation; qui tam litigation; and white collar criminal defense. At the start of her career, Zenobia clerked for the Hon. Carl E. Stewart, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and for the Hon. Justice Dale Wainwright (ret.) of the Texas Supreme Court.
- Representing plaintiff vodka manufacturer in trademark infringement dispute. Obtained jury verdict in favor of plaintiff.
- Representing whistleblower in an FCA case and argued and won motion for summary judgment in favor of plaintiff, avoiding dismissal of multimillion dollar FCA claims against largest long-term healthcare facility in the United States.
- Representing whistleblower in an FCA case against a multinational banking and financial services holding company. Obtained United States Supreme Court reversal of Second Circuit decision.
- Represented service member and obtained dismissal of eviction claims filed against him during deployment.
- Represented defendant Houston-area entrepreneur and obtained dismissal of DTPA, fraud, and breach of contract claims filed against him.
- Represented defendant engineering, procurement, and construction company in AAA arbitration, resulting in an arbitration award, dismissing more than $200 million in claims against defendant.
- Represented defendant charged with numerous regulatory violations that resulted from harassment by police officers. Certain charges were dismissed and defendant obtained an award of summary judgment on remaining charges.
- Argued before the Second Circuit and Fifth Circuit United States Courts of Appeal.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Alabama, M.A. Communication Studies, summa cum laude
- West Texas A & M University, B.S. Mass Communications – Broadcasting, magna cum laude
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Carl E. Stewart, Chief Judge U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Judicial clerk to the Honorable Dale Wainwright, Texas Supreme Court
Associations and Honors
- Intern to the Honorable Xavier Rodriguez, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
- Legal Extern to former U.S. Senator Barack Obama, Chicago, Illinois
- Vinson & Elkins Pro Bono Service Award, 2012
- President-Elect, West Texas A&M University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Member and Judicial Screening Committee, Association of Women Attorneys
- Volunteer, Bel Inizio: The Race for a Better Life
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas