120 W. 45th St., 38th Floor
New York, New York 10036
After graduating from law school, Emily practiced at a boutique firm with a focus on securities litigation and white collar criminal defense. She left the firm to clerk for the Honorable George B. Daniels in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. At the completion of her clerkship, prior to joining Berg & Androphy, Emily practiced as a Special Assistant Corporation Counsel in the General Litigation department of the New York City Law Department.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of former COO stemming from $64 million acquisition of an avionics company.
- Successfully negotiated resolutions of several commercial contract disputes involving Internet marketing companies.
- Represented accounting executive in successful resolution of civil securities fraud action, including dismissal of certain allegations.
- Successfully represented, pro bono, an individual charged in a narcotics conspiracy.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.S., Indiana University Bloomington, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Hon. George B. Daniels, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Investment Advisers: Beware the Broad Confidentiality Clause, New York Law Journal (Dec. 5, 2016) (co-authored with Justin Sher).
Associations and Honors
- Alexander Fellow for the Honorable Alison J. Nathan in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2012–13)
- Cardozo Law Review Editorial Board (2013–14)
- Federal Bar Council member (2014–2019)
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York